So you’re planning your wedding, huh?
… and you’re looking through Pinterest and seeing these immaculate, fun, amazing, perfect weddings…
AND YOU WANT ONE!
Am I right? or am I right?
Well… Here (in my humble opinion) are some simple ways to help make your photos SHINE too!
1. Unplug! – Ask your guests to kindly switch off. There is NOTHING worse than looking
back through your ceremony photos and all of your guests are looking at their phones instead of you. And let’s be honest… The photo’s they take on their iPhone’s or iPad’s are going to be crap anyway, so there really is no need for it. They also REALLY get in the way of me doing my job! While they are holding their phone out into the aisle to get a good angle, I may have just lost the perfect shot for you.
2. Confetti! – Confetti is THE BEST! If you’re allowed to have it at your ceremony, do it… It looks amazing and it really kicks off your official married life with a BANG! The photo’s ALWAYS look incredible.
3. Words! – Organise a special gift or card for your fiance to open (when the photographer is present!!!) before the ceremony. A lot of couples already do this, and the photo’s I have captured in the past are pure magic.
4. Humour! – Make your ceremony different. Write your own vows, and insert humour if it suits you. Being ‘YOU’ is SO important on your wedding day, and it also promotes emotion (Think tears, laughter & fist pumps!) and ensures memorable images.
5. Statement! – Make a statement. Go all out on your wedding decor, signage or wedding arch (If budget permits!). Personalise your venue to suit YOU, you will not only make yourself more comfortable on the day but you will reap the benefits of beautiful photos to add to your wedding day story.
Blog written by Bendigo Wedding Photographer Leah Ladson.
Do not copy, paste or repost as your own. Content and imagery are Copyright protected by Leah Ladson Photography & Design
© 2020 Leah Ladson Photography & Design. All Rights Reserved.