Melbourne Lifestyle Photographer
Mabel + Woods
I absolutely ADORE these two ladies! Meet Ingrid and Anna, the legends behind Mabel + Woods clothing boutique in Spotswood, in Melbourne’s West.
From the moment we started chatting on emails it was just… really easy. And when I turned up to Anna’s house on shoot day, they were both so relaxed and welcoming – I knew I was in good company.
We had so many laughs, and it’s been an absolute pleasure getting to know these beautiful women!
Here is a little bit more about the girls, according to Anna 🙂
- Let’s start with the deep questions… You are a new addition in a crayon box, which colour would you be?
Blush Pink… It blends in well with all the other colours but is lovely on it’s own.
- Why did you start your business?
I knew I had so much potential to succeed and really wanted the chance to prove it to myself.
- What was your biggest business hurdle to overcome?
Signing the lease!! As much as we knew we wanted to pursue the dream, the comittment to taking on so much was damn scary!
- What is your biggest achievement to date?
Taking a good wage in the first year! We’d prepared for the opposite so it was a massive confidence boost and affirmation that our beautiful customers loved what we were doing.
- What is your favourite 90’s jam?
What’s Up by 4 Non-blondes
- Tell us something that your customers might not know about you.
I’m obsessed with researching anything to do with the human body; from either a medical or holistic view. I also eat the same spinach salad for lunch every day. Every day.
- What is your favourite part of running your own business?
Having complete freedom over my choices of stock. I’d spent years as a buyer for other people so making my own decisions with my own outcome in mind is so awesome!
- What do you think about when you are alone in the car?
Most of the time I get to my destination with no recollection of any thoughts at all! But when I am thinking, I’m planning….What am I going to cook for dinner? and can I get away with not going to the supermarket for another day?
- What are you excited for?
My future. To see myself succeeding in something I love and creating a better work/life balance for my family while my kids are still young.
- Who are you business idols? Who inspires you?
Who inspires me? Anyone who works tirelessly 24/7 to achieve their goals. And anyone who manages to do it without wine!! I’m inspired by women who keep a smile on their face and who are clearly loving what they do. It inspires me to keep focusing on the positive and keep pushing for what I want. My business partner Ingrid inspires me to stay grounded and find the humour in difficult situations
- How would you describe your job to a child?I sell clothes to ladies to help make them feel amazing about themselves.
- Who should we follow on social media?
Definitely @mumswhowine_au An amazing initiative founded by Lauren Oliver who focuses on promoting self care for mums. It’s about making sure we take time to put ourselves first and connect with other mums, usually over wine. I love everything she is about!!
So there you have it legends, a little bit more about these wonderful women! If you want to have a little peek at their awesome selection of threads, you can find them here:
Big Love, Leah
~ xoxo ~
To check out more Chinwag’s with other business legends, click here.